Saturday, December 17, 2011

Government VS Small Business

Did you see the debates on Thursday night? What did you think? Some people say you shouldn't mix politics with business. I say they are tied in to each other, or why would all the large companies lobby congress? The next question is, how does a small company lobby for what they want? They join associations that relate to their business, or the chamber of commerce.  I had a small  mortgage banking company, so I joined the Mortgage Bankers Association.  That enabled me to have a large force pushing for what I need for my business. That brings me to the question of who to vote for? Do I vote because I am a Democrat or a Republican, or because the candidate is pretty or speaks well? Do you vote because you like what they say, or they are pro business? How ever you vote,  keep in mind, if you are in business, what happens in D.C. will effect you in some way.  Remember, your vote has consequences. In earlier blogs we discussed regulations on business, think about that when you vote. I, for one, am looking for the MOST pro business candidate. I am selfish, shoot me!
Let me know what you think

Your Business Guru,

John





No comments:

Post a Comment